Five Benefits of Using CBD to Relieve Chronic Pain and Heal Your BodyAugust 18, 2017 10:10 pm Leave your thoughts
Someone new to smokables may enter a smoke shop in Scottsdale, AZ lacking a clear understanding of the smoking culture—and that’s okay! Experts working in the shop are ready to indulge your lifestyle and point you in the right direction, toward products of your liking. But one thing to keep in mind while shopping for smoking accessories is the type of product you smoke: tobacco, cannabis or both?
When it comes to cannabis, you either use it recreationally or medicinally. If you’re in the latter camp and want relief from chronic pain without the high you would get from THC, then opt for CBD. What makes CBD a great pain management solution is that it allows you to function efficiently. Luckily, there are several ways to take CBD, including infused into oil, glycerine, tea or alcohol tincture, or by smoking or vaping a CBD-dominant strain of cannabis. An established head shop in Scottsdale, AZ can recommend the right type of glass pipe for your needs.
Now, without further ado, here are five benefits of using CBD to relieve chronic pain so your body can heal:
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties: Everyone deals with inflammation time to time, but some people suffer from chronic inflammation, which causes pain that can damage tissue. For those with chronic inflammation, over-the-counter painkillers are not viable options. OTC meds are for short-term use because of the side effects they carry. For long-term use without side effects on your organs, consider CBD.
- Helps the muscles relax: People with chronic pain do want to heal their bodies, but oftentimes the pain associated with exercise is simply too much to bear. Even light stretching and yoga are not realistic options. Between the pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects of CBD, your muscles are given the okay to relax.
- Relieves anxiety: Nobody likes to feel anxious or panicky. Unfortunately, if you suffer from a panic or anxiety disorder, then you are well aware of how difficult it is to control—if you can at all. When your nervous system takes over, your body goes into fight or flight mode, leaving you tired, on high alert and not at peace. CBD may soothe anxiety, even if the healing is just for a limited time.
- Promotes rest: Chronic pain can enhance anxiety, which can cause your body to feel threatened all the time. The feeling you get is one that you should only experience during times of danger, but tremendous pain throws your body and mind off balance. In order for sleep to heal you, your body needs to be calm and relaxed. CBD can help.
- Helps PTSD sufferers: Experiencing a traumatic event can cause post-traumatic stress disorder in individuals. Triggers can lead to a fight or flight feeling, uncontrollable shaking, hyper-vigilance, scary thoughts, trouble sleeping and self-destructive behavior, and chronic pain is considered a reoccurring trauma. CBD helps PTSD like it does anxiety.
Visit Coughing Canary’s smoke shop in Scottsdale, AZ and you will be amazed at our huge selection of smoke and counterculture products and accessories. Feel free to contact us with questions or product inquiries!
Categorised in: Smoke Shop
This post was written by Writer