If you’re like many people, you have probably heard of the chemical THC and know that it’s present in marijuana. But are you familiar with the other key ingredient, cannabidiol? Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound found in cannabis that’s often used to treat certain medical conditions. Those who use CBD medically are pleased that it does not cause a high like THC does. However, to avoid getting high, users must make sure they are using cannabis varieties bred with high levels of CBD and little to no THC.
Whether you are new to using CBD or interested in learning more about it, your local head shop in Scottsdale, AZ may be a good place to find out more information. Here are five things you probably did not know about CBD:
- CBD is non-psychoactive: Recreational marijuana users are in it for the high, and therefore are not drawn toward cannabis yielding mostly CBD. On the other hand, medical marijuana users see a significant advantage in using CBD as a medicine. CBD offers minimal side effects, allowing the user to function and not feel worse than they already do. A big plus of CBD is that it is non-psychoactive, unlike THC, which can have mind-altering effects on the brain.
- CBD reduces the negative effects of THC: The other main ingredient in marijuana is THC—it’s what gets the user high. But studies show that CBD offers a natural protection against such reactions to reduce effects such as memory impairment and paranoia. THC induces sleep, but CBD can counteract that effect. These strains of cannabis are known to increase mental alertness in users.
- CBD can help with social engagement: There is a wide range of mental conditions that may be treated with CBD, including anxiety, panic disorders and depression. Studies have demonstrated that CBD contains fast acting anti-depressant properties, as it does not cause paranoia or trigger the feeling of doom in patients suffering from various mental conditions.
- CBD offers medical benefits: Intervertebral disc degeneration is common in people who regularly smoke or perform manual labor, as well as in the elderly and obese individuals. Chronic pain and numbness are associated with this disease. Luckily, CBD can address these issues. Additionally, the medical properties in CBD have been shown to suppress seizures, fight against inflammation, reduce nausea and vomiting and manage diabetes.
- CBD still remains illegal in some places: While CBD has a long list of positives as a medicine, many parts of the world refuse to recognize it as a legal medication. Pharmaceutical trails are being carried out to prove its effectiveness in treating so many medical conditions. Reasons for it still being illegal include marijuana regulation concerns, a lack of knowledge of the medical benefits of CBD and the fact that some people simply see cannabis as a bad illegal drug and nothing more.
For a vast selection of quality smoking accessories, stop by your local head shop in Scottsdale, AZ. At Coughing Canary, we are here to answer your questions so you can make the best purchasing decisions. Visit our store today!
Categorised in: Head Shop
This post was written by Writer