Tips for Cleaning and Caring for Glass Pipes in Scottsdale, AZApril 2, 2018 3:07 pm Leave your thoughts
Many recreational and medical marijuana users smoke from glass pipes, but may forget to clean them on a regular basis. Here are some helpful tips for cleaning and caring for glass pipes in Scottsdale, AZ.
Why you need to clean your glass
Your glass pipes should be kept cleaning regardless of whether you use them everyday or only a couple times a week. Do you remember the first time you used your glass piece? The hits were smooth and clean tasting, and the smoke it produced smelled nice. But after a while, that all begins to change, as continuous smoking clogs the pipe, resulting in less than perfect hits. A dirty pipe won’t function as it should. For this reason, it’s important that you clean your glass pipes regularly, and not just by scraping their interiors. Here are some other tips to keep in mind:
- Get a storage case: The best way to preserve your pipe’s good condition is to store it in a protective case when you’re not using it. This keeps it safe from possible damage and hidden away from children or others. When choosing a case for your pipe, get one with sufficient padding on the interior to protect your pipe in the event that the case and pipe take a tumble.
- Don’t use a damaged pipe: If your glass pipe shows signs of damage, avoid using it. Visible signs include chips, cracks and fractures that could impact the integrity of the pipe’s exterior structure. This kind of damage is often the result of intense and rapid heat change over time from lighting up the bowl. When smoking from a damaged pipe, you run the risk of inhaling shards of glass.
- Clean frequently: After a few uses, you’ll notice resin and ash buildup in the bowl and inside the glass body of the pipe. Resin and ash can restrict airflow through the pipe, while at the same time producing an unpleasant taste when inhaling. Cleaning your pipe may seem difficult and time-consuming, but clean it on a regular basis and it won’t seem like a chore! Continue reading for recommended ways to clean your pipe.
Top methods for cleaning glass
Store-bought cleaning products are convenient, but if you’re a frequent smoker, you’ll have a lot of cleaning to do. Why not check out some easy, inexpensive home methods for cleaning glass pipes:
- Salt and alcohol: Pour rubbing alcohol into a bowl, add table salt, then add it to the bowl of your glass pipe and stir the mixture. This loosens the resin and ash. Rinse and flush the entire pipe with warm water.
- Boiling water and dishwashing soap: Put your pipe in a pot filled with lukewarm water and boil over medium heat until the resin becomes loose. Use tongs to move it around until it fills with water. Remove from the heat. Let it cool before removing the pipe, then put it in a bowl of fresh water and dishwashing liquid. Use cotton swabs to scrub the resin away, and then rinse with warm water.
To learn more about glass pipes in Scottsdale, AZ, contact the knowledgeable team at Coughing Canary, or visit our shop today!
Categorised in: Glass Pipes
This post was written by Writer